The Definition of the Service:
Out of the FDF' keenness, which objectives and competencies in its establishment decree no. 11/2006 in the second part stipulated (providing all forms of care necessary for the elderly and working on attracting them to lead a socially stable life) in the light of its strategic plan, and based on a study identifying the elderly's need for social home care service in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, a social home care service has been designed for the elderly in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
This service consists of a group of services of social home care offered to the elderly and their families by a specialized team that visits them, and identifies their social, health and psychological needs, ensures the decency of their living conditions and the fulfillment of security and safety requirements and the enabling environment services that contribute to improving their life quality and increases the efficiency of responsiveness to their care and protection requirements.
The Type of the Service:
Preventive, developmental and therapeutic.
- Improving the elderly's life quality and increasing the efficiency of responsiveness to their care and protection needs in a manner consistent with their actual needs.
- Evaluating and identifying the elderly's needs in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and providing services to them according to their needs.
- Providing social, psychological, health, rehabilitative, preventative, therapeutic, educational and home care for the elderly in their family environments to enable them to stay in them and among their families as long as possible.
- Facilitating the elderly's access to the economic services, the requirements of creating enabling environment and supporting means of medical devices and various aids with the effective partnership with service providers in a manner consistent with their needs.
- Educating the elderly's families about their psychological, health and social requirements and needs, and encouraging them to provide care to the elderly properly at home.
The elderly's social home care service is activated through (The Elderly Services Office) in the FDF centers. This is achieved by a specialized team managing cases through clear and a specific procedures in order to identify the elderly's social, health and psychological needs, ensure the decency of their living conditions and the fulfillment of security and safety requirements and the enabling environment services that contribute to improving quality of their lives, increasing the efficiency of responsiveness to their care and protections requirements through providing the following services:
- Case Management and Setting Individual Home Care Plan: Receiving the service requests in person or electronically, considering the request according to the attached data and documents, evaluating them according to clear methodology and clear reference standards and setting the requested individual care plan according to the evaluation.
- Social Services: They aim to identify and evaluate the elderly's social needs, work on enabling them to be self-dependent, promote their relations with their family, work on ensuring the necessary communication between them and the outside community and ensure that they are integrated in it.
- Health Services: They include identifying the elderly's health needs and coordinating with the health authority and SEHA company to offer home based health preventative remedial services necessary for the elderly.
- Education and Awareness Services for Elderly Sitters: They are concerned with educating the elderly about this stage's requirements and training sitters to provide care for the elderly properly.
- Rehabilitation Services: They are concerned with training the elderly on necessary devices and tools they use at home.
- Enabling Environment Services: These services consist of evaluating the elderly's facilities, making sure of the availability of security, safety, hygiene and maintenance requirements, in addition to ensuring healthy nutrition and providing all necessary services. This is according to the evaluation results in order to limit environmental and nutritional risk factors for the elderly.
- Consulting Services: Providing social, psychological and health consulting services necessary for the elderly and their families according to mechanisms consistent with their needs.
- Cultural and Recreational Activities and Events: They include everything aims to integrate the elderly with the various social categories and contributes to entertaining them.
- Follow-up and Evaluation Services: These services are applied through a clear methodology providing periodical follow-up for the elderly and their families according to an evaluation plan consistent with their needs and in a manner ensuring the offered services' high quality and efficiency while choosing the proper means.
- Coordination Services: They include services offered through partnerships with the parties concerned with providing the elderly's needs that are not provided by the FDF.
Male and female elderly people.